REx is a system designed to assist residency applicants with editing and reviewing of the medical residency application. REx will collect your personal information, medical education information including your USMLE exams and school credentials in an effort to provide you with detailed feedback about your application prior to submission to the official residency application services.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect information about your identity, contact details and interactions with us and our products or services when you contact us or use our website http://www.residencystatement.com for services.
We may also collect information about you:
- in the normal course of day to day business (for example, if your colleague refers us to you or if you fill the application forms with us);
- if you complete the application provided to you by (or on behalf of) REx; and
- from publicly available sources (for example, social media or the website of the organisation you work for).
We may collect, use and disclose information about you so that we can:
- manage our relationship with you;
- respond to requests for our products or services;
- supply and support the use of our products and services; and
- tell you about REx products and services that may be of interest to you or the organisation you work for (if you do not want to be contacted in this way, you can let us know by using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below or by opting-out via the unsubscribe link that REx includes in marketing emails).
Disclosure and Security of Personal Information
Personal information may be shared within REx. We may also disclose personal information to consultants and other third parties who provide business support services to us, such as website server hosting and information technology systems.
Information security is very important to REx and we store information we hold about you in our own premises and systems or in trusted third party information technology systems located within the United States with the following exceptions:
- when our websites use Google Analytics, information is transferred to data centres in the United States and other overseas locations as described above;
- when you communicate with us through social media (such as Facebook or Twitter) the social media provider and its partners may collect and hold your personal information overseas. Please see the privacy policies on the websites of each social media service for more information about how they handle personal information;
Our security measures to protect information about you include:
- training our staff about information security and how to handle information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act;
- ensuring that whenever information about you is disclosed to a third party, the third party is obliged to have appropriate data handling and security arrangements; and
- protecting our information technology systems and premises from unauthorised entry access.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You have the right to:
- access any information we hold about you; and
- request that any incorrect information about you be corrected.
You can contact us to ask for access to any information we hold about you or the correction of this information by using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We do not usually charge any fee for providing access to the information we hold about you. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable access fee if we are required to spend significant amounts of time locating, compiling and explaining the information you ask for. If we do intend to charge an access fee, we will provide you with an estimate and confirm that you would like us to proceed before we process your request.
Making a Privacy Complaint
If you are concerned about our handling of your privacy, you have the right to make a complaint. You can do so by contacting us using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and provide you with the name and contact details of our investigating employee. We will review your complaint and try to resolve it as soon as possible. If it will take more than a 48 hours to resolve your complaint, we will keep you regularly updated on our progress.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, please contact us again to let us know why you are not satisfied so that we can try to better address your concerns.
You can contact REx’s about any privacy related issues at:
3562 Mount Acadia Blvd San Diego, CA 92111
Phone: (858) 221-8580